Speedy Breedy is an easy to use, portable, precision respirometer that has been designed for both industrial and laboratory applications.
Speedy Breedy can:
- Test raw ingredients and finished goods for contamination in beer and beverages
- Shorten the time of positive release in food processing
- Test for contamination in drinking water or process water in industrial applications
- Test for contamination in pharmaceutical, household and hygiene products
- Test effectiveness of decontamination processes following a wet strip of all equipment
- Test sterility of food and beverage packaging
- Identify the presence of bacteria in oil and paint
- Test potentially detrimental contaminants, growth and metabolic promoters or inhibitors
- Assist researchers to develop products and techniques where the presence or absence of bacteria needs to be understood, prevented or encouraged
Speedy Breedy is a single (test versus control or aerobic plus anaerobic), or dual sample, two chamber instrument. Speedy Breedy maintains culture conditions within purpose designed, disposable culture vessels. Samples are inoculated into the culture vessel, while Speedy Breedy closely controls growth conditions to a pre-determined protocol to facilitate rapid replication of cells or microbes.
Speedy Breedy’s robust, disposable 50 ml culture vessel eliminates the need for the cleaning of potentially hazardously contaminated bottles. Culture vessels are provided sterile, empty or pre-filled with a range of dry media.
Speedy Breedy can be used independently or connected to a PC. Using the PC users can design and download pre-determined protocols and upload experimental results for analysis. Speedy Breedy also has a removable SD card for field research. Connecting to a PC enables data visualisation, allowing users to monitor experiments in near real time.View Fullscreen